Friday, May 2, 2014

I would be grateful if you put in a zoo!

Unless I'm mistaken the world is not ending tomorrow.

But, of course, it could.

As I ponder the fate of the world on this Friday afternoon, I wonder if the world did end tomorrow, would I be satisfied?

Probably not.

I enjoy life. I enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass. I enjoy watching the seasons change. I enjoy baseball. I enjoy so many things.

But most of all I enjoy people.

Oh, don't get me wrong. People can be frustrating, maddening, ornery, cantankerous, rude, spiteful, mean . . . I think you get the idea.

People are not always pleasant.

But I work in schools. Schools are full of people who make you believe that people are good. Mostly schools are full of students. And students send me letters like this:


A first grader sent me this letter this week. It had been a rather long week. At times it seemed like the world was going to end.

But this young first grader reminded me of why I am here.

Life is full of really wonderful things. Most importantly, life is full of people like this young first grader. A person who still sees wonder in the world. A person who is excited about life.

May I always be so full of wonder and so full of life.

Until the world really does end!

No comments:

Post a Comment